Since your scalp has thousands of hair roots housed in it, it's a pretty important area for you to look after. Every now and then your scalp could use both a good cleansing scrub and then a revitalizing treatment. You want to keep the surface of your scalp clean so that the papillae (where new hair cells are formed) will receive the air and ventilation that they need to produce new hair cells and therefore cause your hair to grow. If your scalp becomes crusted with oil, dirt, and dry skin, this layer can actually seal off your scalp, strangling your papillae, resulting in permanent hair loss. A clean scalp is essential to healthy hair.
You can make your own scalp cleanser right at home.
1 Tbsp brown sugar
3 Tbsp conditioner
* Add 1 Tbsp brown sugar to 3 Tbsp of conditioner in a small bowl.
* Mix thoroughly.
* Take small dabs of this mixture and work it into your scalp, working on small sections at a time.
* Work the mixture into your scalp using small circular movements with your fingertips. Work your entire scalp.
* Rinse well and towel-dry.
If your scalp was in bad shape and you just gave it a good scrub, it would be a good idea to revitalize it too. You can do that yourself as well with another easy-to-follow recipe
2 drops peppermint oil (pure)
½ cup water
* Add 2 drops of pure peppermint oil to ½ cup of water.
* Mix it well.
* You can apply this remedy to your scalp 1 of 2 ways. You can apply it to your scalp by pouring it over your head and working it in with your fingers, or you can put it in a spray bottle and spritz the mixture directly onto your scalp.
* Leave it in your hair.
* Once the mixture is on your scalp, it will feel refreshing and tingly.
Once your scalp has been cleansed and revitalized, it will relieve the itichiness caused by the oil/dry skin/dirt and it will be able to grow better due to the new cleanliness and revitalization. The roots of your hair will be much healthier and happier.